A small company history in pictures
How it all began
1958: Josef Eggerstorfer – grown up on his parents‘ farm – founded at the age of 26 years a canning factory in the heart of Lower Bavaria.
Especially in the post-war time, the demand for canned cucumbers is large, the operation is growing steadily and rapidly.
Over the years, it receives strong support by his growing sons Peter and Stefan.
In season mode, it is important during the short harvest time (usually only a few months) to produce enough goods, which can then be kept for the whole rest of the year.
Therefore appropriate production capacities and big storage areas are required.
Due to the continuously good business development, the company was regularly extended since the foundation until today.
To secure the highly acclaimed quality of “Eggerstorfer” products and continue to improve, the “International Food Standard” was introduced in 2004.
2015: The established family business is headed by the son Stefan Eggerstorfer.
Now the storage capacities amount to approximately 20.000 square metres.